Bret T. Thrasher
Mr. Thrasher represents financial institutions and other businesses in a wide variety of litigation matters, including contract disputes, lender liability, loan participations, fraudulent conveyances, real estate, and commercial asset recovery. He has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts, including several successful jury trials.
- Successfully defended large, regional bank in federal jury trial against claims brought by subordinate lender.
- Represented both originating banks and participating banks in numerous disputes over participation agreements relating to multi-million dollar loans.
- Obtained summary judgments on behalf of corporate officers in several fraud and fiduciary cases.
- Successful prosecution of fraudulent transfer cases throughout Georgia.
- Recovered hundreds of millions in assets on behalf of lenders since 2008 downward cycle.
- Manages state-wide practice of confirmations of foreclosure sales, including the landmark case of HWA Properties, Inc. v, Community & Southern Bank, 322 Ga. App. 877, 746 S.E.2d 609 (2013), which preserved a guarantor’s liability for a deficiency judgment despite an absence of a confirmation of the foreclosure sale.
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Leadership Gwinnett, Class of 2009-10