Delia C. “Corrie” Thrasher
Mrs. Thrasher practices in the areas of banking, contracts, real estate and corporate law. She represents lenders, including national and local banks, credit unions and retail finance clients in commercial lending matters, from loan origination, servicing, and coordination of loan extensions and modifications, through default, negotiation of loan workouts, and collections matters. Mrs. Thrasher has significant experience in litigation regarding real and personal property issues, including foreclosures and confirmations, defense of lender liability claims, and complex litigation involving secured collateral.
As an attorney for commercial lenders, Mrs. Thrasher helps lenders to document, close, service and liquidate commercial loans. Other responsibilities include analysis of distressed loan portfolios, preparation and review of real-estate related documentation, advisory duties for properties in REO, title clearance, and supervision of loss-mitigation processes. She has completed the SBA 504 Loan Closing course, an intensive three-day training course in Atlanta as a prerequisite to participation in the SBA’s Designated 504 Closing Counsel/Priority CDC program for expedited closings.
Mrs. Thrasher also acts as counsel for ongoing businesses and startup companies, advising them on general corporate governance issues; assisting with state and federal aspects of formation, drafting operating agreements, resolutions, and minutes; intellectual property issues, including trademark disputes; and litigation management. Mrs. Thrasher routinely negotiates commercial and business leases on behalf of both commercial landlords and tenants.
- Successfully represented purchaser of metro-area restaurant with over $5 million in annual gross sales, including negotiation of purchase and sale contract, licensing and franchise issues, acquisition of liquor license, subleasing, and financing arrangements;
- Successfully argued motion to dismiss banking client from multi-million dollar lawsuit by third-party creditor, including allegations of fraud and negligence;
- Obtained judicial confirmation of non-judicial foreclosure sale in federal district court, allowing client to pursue multi-million dollar loan deficiency against obligors;
- Represented multinational manufacturer in negotiation of business expansion lease agreement
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Presenter: “Avoiding Pitfalls: What you Don’t Know Can Hurt You,” Gwinnett Small Business Summit, November 18, 2015
- “Recent Developments in Foreclosure Confirmation Law,” State Bar of Georgia Real Property Law Section Newsletter, Summer 2009
- “Discoverability of Testifying Expert Witness Opinion,” ABA 201 Practice Series, Fall 2009
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Real Property (2015-2016)