Bret has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts, including several successful jury trials.
Bret’s accomplishments include:
- Successfully defending a large, regional bank in federal jury trial against claims brought by subordinate lender.
- Representing both originating banks and participating banks in numerous disputes over participation agreements relating to multi-million dollar loans.
- Obtaining summary judgments on behalf of corporate officers in several fraud and fiduciary cases.
- Successfully prosecuting fraudulent transfer cases throughout Georgia which led to pivotal case law
- Recovering hundreds of millions in assets on behalf of lenders since 2008 downward cycle.
- Managing state-wide practice of confirmations of foreclosure sales, including the landmark case of HWA Properties, Inc. v, Community & Southern Bank, 322 Ga. App. 877, 746 S.E.2d 609 (2013), which preserved a guarantor’s liability for a deficiency judgment despite an absence of a confirmation of the foreclosure sale.
- Admitted to practice in Georgia
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- University of Southern California, J.D. 1996
- Vanderbilt University, B.A. 1993
- Community Involvement
- Leadership Gwinnett, Class of 2009-2010