Viraj’s representative experience includes:
- Represented a government-sponsored entity in an appellate case relating to admissibility of real estate deed records in Georgia courts. Georgia Court of Appeals entered a favorable opinion on October 24, 2017 in case number A17A0694.
- Confirmed the foreclosure sale of a multimillion dollar property against a professional athlete.
- Represented a construction company in defending a suit regarding the division of profits from a joint venture.
- Represented and secured a favorable settlement for a creditor in a Motion for Sanctions filed in a Chapter 12 bankruptcy case.
- Admitted to practice in Georgia
- Admitted to practice in Florida
- St. John’s University School of Law, LL.M., Bankruptcy
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D. cum laude
- Research Assistant, Professor Ronald Blasi, Federal Taxation
- Research Assistant, Professor Cassady Brewer, Tax and Social Enterprise
- Berry College, Bachelor of Science, cum laude, Finance
- Community Involvement
- Member of the Steering Committee for the Atlanta Council District 12 – Neighborhood Blueprint Plan
- Viraj Deshmukh, Value of Net Operating Losses to the Bankruptcy Estate, 27 Ass’n Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors J. 1 (2013).
- Viraj Deshmukh & Radha Gordon, Deepening Insolvency as a Method for Calculation of Damages, Com. & Bus. Litig. Newsl. (Am. Bar Ass’n Section of Litig.), Nov. 2013.
- Recipient of the highest score “CALI Awards” in: (i) Basic Federal Taxation; (2) and U.S. Taxation of International Transactions