Bill began his legal career as Law Clerk to the Honorable John T. Laney III, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Georgia. It was during his time as a law clerk that Bill gained valuable experience and knowledge of the complex issues and disputes that can lead to dissolution proceedings. Additionally, he gained the desire to assist clients in navigating through those very issues and disputes.
Bill was admitted to the Georgia Bar in December of 2017. Additionally, he is a member of the following organizations:
- Homer Drake Inn of Court;
- American Bankruptcy Institute;
- Commercial Law League of America;
- Make a Wish Georgia, Volunteer;
- Georgia Bar Bankruptcy Law Section; and
- Georgia Bar Business Law Section.
While obtaining his J.D., Bill was an American Bankruptcy Institute Recognized Student. He also received the Henning Award for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Author, The Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Bankruptcy Code, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, July 2018
- Co-Author, Bankruptcy, 2018 Eleventh Circuit Survey 70 Mercer L. Rev. 865-93 (2019)
- Co-Author, Bankruptcy, 2017 Eleventh Circuit Survey 69 Mercer L. Rev. 1033-63 (2018)
- Author, An Olympic Relay Race—Passing Atlanta’s Public Housing to Public-Private Partnerships from the 1996 Olympic Games to Today, 26 J. Affordable Hous. & Cmty. Dev. 575-612 (2018)