Aaron M. Kappler
Aaron Kappler serves as the Managing Partner of the firm. As Managing Partner, Mr. Kappler is responsible for the leadership and day-to-day operations of the Firm.
In his law practice, Mr. Kappler advises and represents organizations and individuals in all aspects of commercial and business litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency matters, and matters affecting land and real estate, ranging from land use and zoning to construction disputes to environmental issues. Mr. Kappler has been recognized for six consecutive years (2012-2017) by Georgia Super Lawyers, as a Rising Star in Business Litigation. He is also a frequent speaker on topics affecting businesses and their owners, including corporate governance, insolvency, fraud, and contracts.
He is also active in the community. He currently serves as a Director of the Peachtree Corners Downtown Development Authority. He also serves on a board committee for a local not-for-profit organization.
Successfully pierced the corporate veil of a contractor and held the owners personally liable.
Defeated over $2 million in construction related contract claims in a federal jury trial, resulting in defense jury verdict and recovery of costs against the plaintiff.
Successfully represented local government and defeated constitutional challenges to zoning decision.
Obtained six figure jury verdict against the transferee of a fraudulently transferred asset.
Obtained six figure jury verdict on behalf of a small business against a former officer for breach of fiduciary duty and conversion.
Represented developers in matters related to land use, zoning, and environmental concerns.
Defended and defeated breach of contract claims brought by subordinate lender during federal jury trial.
Successfully represented stalking horse bidder in contested bankruptcy auction.
Represented commercial real estate developer in litigation challenging the constitutionality and application of a zoning ordinance.
Represented minority stakeholders in breach of fiduciary duty claims brought against board of directors of corporation.
Civic & Public Service
Director, Peachtree Corners Downtown Development Authority
Leadership Gwinnett 2013-2014
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Presenter: “Avoiding Pitfalls: What you Don’t Know Can Hurt You,” Gwinnett Small Business Summit, November 18, 2015
- “Off-Roading Without a Map: The Supreme Court Drives Over NEPA in Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance,” Georgia State University Law Review, 24 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 533 (2007)
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Business Litigation (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Georgia State University College of Law, Student Trial Lawyers Association, Regional Champions
- Georgia State University College of Law, Law Review Associate Editor – Notes and Comments