Aaron M. Kappler
Aaron Kappler serves as the Managing Shareholder of the firm. Mr. Kappler advises and represents organizations and individuals in all aspects of commercial and business litigation, bankruptcy, land use and zoning matters.
Successfully represented local government and defeated constitutional challenges to zoning decision.
Obtained six figure jury verdict against the transferee of a fraudulently transferred asset.
Obtained six figure jury verdict on behalf of a small business against a former officer for breach of fiduciary duty and conversion.
Defended and defeated breach of contract claims brought by subordinate lender during federal jury trial.
Successfully represented stalking horse bidder in contested bankruptcy auction.
Represented commercial real estate developer in litigation challenging the constitutionality and application of a zoning ordinance.
Represented and defended builder and developer against claims alleging improper detention and management of stormwater and trespass.
Represented minority stakeholders in breach of fiduciary duty claims brought against board of directors of corporation.
Civic & Public Service
Director, Peachtree Corners Downtown Development Authority
Leadership Gwinnett 2013-2014
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Presenter: “Avoiding Pitfalls: What you Don’t Know Can Hurt You,” Gwinnett Small Business Summit, November 18, 2015
- “Off-Roading Without a Map: The Supreme Court Drives Over NEPA in Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance,” Georgia State University Law Review, 24 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 533 (2007)
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Business Litigation (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Georgia State University College of Law, Student Trial Lawyers Association, Regional Champions
- Georgia State University College of Law, Law Review Associate Editor – Notes and Comments