When financial distress threatens, being represented by counsel who is familiar with the intricacies of the bankruptcy laws is vital.
Companies from a wide array of industries rely on our bankruptcy group for guidance in navigating the complexities of the always-evolving bankruptcy laws. Whether your business is banking and finance, agriculture, real estate, retail, technology, natural resources, and consumer product sectors, our attorneys are prepared to guide you.
In an environment of conflicting economic interests and, often times, raw emotion, our attorneys use their wealth of skill, experience, and knowledge to design innovative and flexible solutions to protect their clients’ interests. TOKN’s Bankruptcy Group serves its clients in an assortment of matters, including:
- Representing debtors and creditors in all chapters;
- Negotiating, litigating, and enforcing the terms of adequate protection and relief from automatic stay, confirmation of plans of reorganization, use of cash collateral, set-offs, claims for reclamation of goods, and debtor-in-possession financing;
- Representing equipment lessors and other parties in disputes over leased equipment;
- Negotiating and litigating actions to determine the dischargeability of debts and lien priority disputes;
- Litigating actions relating to violations of the bankruptcy stay and/or discharge injunction;
- Serving as Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Trustee;
- Serving as Trustee of a Trust formed under a confirmed Chapter 11 Plan;
- Representing panel trustees in Chapter 7 cases;
- Representing committees in Chapter 11 cases;
- Negotiating and litigating avoidance actions, including preferences, fraudulent conveyances, and post-petition transfers;
- Representing purchasers in acquiring bankruptcy estate assets;
- Representing debtors and creditors in out-of-court debt restructuring and workouts; and
- Appeals and appellate advocacy.
When it comes to bankruptcy and insolvency-related matters, a one-size-fits-all approach just doesn’t work. Our attorneys use a team approach and frequently utilize close relationships with our colleagues in TOKN’s other practice areas – including Litigation, Commercial Law, Real Estate, Local Government, and Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning – to create customized solutions for our clients’ needs.
TOKN’s attorneys have tried cases across the country – in bankruptcy courts, federal district courts, and state courts. Our attorneys have also advocated on behalf of numerous clients in federal appeals courts in bankruptcy and insolvency-related matters.